Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Made these today from my 2008 Weight Watchers cookbook and didn't see one like it, although there are numerous ones posted. This is so good and so easy to put together.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Lightly spray an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Firmly press flour mixture evenly into bottom of an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine brown suar and corn syrup in a medium saucepan.
- Over medium heat, bring to a boil stirring gently.
- Combine egg and egg whites in a medium bowl.
- Stir one-fourth warm syrup mixture into eggs.
- Add to remaining warm syrup mixture.
- Stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Pour mixture over crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Cut into 16 squares.
Outstanding! These can be very addicting! They are wonderfully rich and tasty. Thanks for sharing.
Very, very good! I was running out of pecans and so couldn't add quite as much as the recipe called for...and it didn't matter even one small bit! As several others stated...tastes very similar to a pecan pie but not quite as sweet so it tastes better. Thanks Nimz!!! Made for Spring PAC 2010 http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
These are such a wonderful tasting bar Cathy. And, so much better and easier than making a pecan pie. I don't like making a pie-crust and so this fit the bill perfectly. I might add...not for the weight conscious:-) Made for HolidayTag~