24 hrs 15 mins
Melt in your mouth cookies. They were the rave this Christmas. Found the recipe years ago, and I just changed it ever so slightly. The chocolate and pecans on the ends makes all the difference! Make extra and freeze. Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the sugar in a food processor, or blender.
- 2Give it a short whirl.
- 3You want your sugar to be slightly finer than granulated sugar, but not powdered.
- 4In a mixer blend the butter, sugar, water and vanilla.
- 5Stir in the flour, pecans and salt gradually until well blended.
- 6Form the dough into a ball.
- 7Wrap with a plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight is best, but 2 hrs.
- 8is fine.
- 9When you're ready to begin, preheat the oven to 375*.
- 10Take a Tblsp.
- 11of dough and roll 2" rolls.
- 12Place the rolls 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 13Curve each cookie like a moon.
- 14Bake 15 min.
- 15or until just lightly golden underneath.
- 16Gentley lift off the sheet onto a wire rack.
- 17Cool slightly.
- 18Roll in superfine sugar and dip ends in melted chocolate then chopped pecans.
- 19or dip both ends in chocolate then chopped pecans and when cool sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Crescent Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (658 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.5
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 82.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g