Prep 24 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Melt in your mouth cookies. They were the rave this Christmas. Found the recipe years ago, and I just changed it ever so slightly. The chocolate and pecans on the ends makes all the difference! Make extra and freeze. Enjoy!!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- either powdered sugar or superfine sugar
- melted chocolate chips, for dipping ends
- chopped pecans, for dipping
- Put the sugar in a food processor, or blender.
- Give it a short whirl.
- You want your sugar to be slightly finer than granulated sugar, but not powdered.
- In a mixer blend the butter, sugar, water and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, pecans and salt gradually until well blended.
- Form the dough into a ball.
- Wrap with a plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight is best, but 2 hrs.
- is fine.
- When you're ready to begin, preheat the oven to 375*.
- Take a Tblsp.
- of dough and roll 2" rolls.
- Place the rolls 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Curve each cookie like a moon.
- Bake 15 min.
- or until just lightly golden underneath.
- Gentley lift off the sheet onto a wire rack.
- Cool slightly.
- Roll in superfine sugar and dip ends in melted chocolate then chopped pecans.
- or dip both ends in chocolate then chopped pecans and when cool sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Didn't make these yet but they sound amazing. I love crescent cookies and the chocolate dip sounds yummy