Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are delicious. Not quite as rich as eating pecan pie but close.
Make and share this Pecan Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a non-stick 11x7x2-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Mix all crust ingredients until well mixed and crumbly.
- Press into prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Mix eggs, maple syrup, brown sugar, flour, salt and vanilla.
- Pour over baked crust.
- Sprinkle the 1 cup of chopped pecans over top and bake an additional 25 minutes.
- Cut while still warm.
These were so yummy, even better than pecan pie according to DH! The crust was nice and flakey, I used butter instead of margarine, I just prefer the taste of butter. I was careful not to overbake, as I didn't want them to be dry, we like them on the gooey side LOL!... These are a winner, and I will be making them again. Thanks so much for posting Paula...delicious!...Kitten:)
Made up a batch of these to take to the beach yesterday - we came home with not a crumb left (literally, the kids kept scoonching down with their index fingers to get the last crumbs!). I used walnuts instead of pecans (hard to come by in Greece) and loved every bite.
These were so good I had to make a second batch the next day, so that the person that I had made them for could get one. Oops!