I have been making this pie for years, daughter #2 loves it. We prefer ripe bartletts in this. The custard-y filling is not too sweet. The most time consuming step is the peeling of the pears!
- Combine the sour cream, egg, 1/2 c sugar, 2 T flour, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl.
- Fold in the peeled and sliced pears.
- Scrape into the pie shell and place in a 375 degree oven for about 40 minutes.
- While the pie bakes, make the crumble; mix together the flour,sugar and cinnamon, cut in the butter to the size of petite peas.
- After the pie has baked for about 40 minutes, pull it from the oven and sprinkle the crumble topping on. Put pie back into the oven for about 20 minutes longer.
- Keep this pie refrigerated, if there are any leftovers.