This pie won the 2006 First Place ribbon in the Peanut Butter Category of the 2006 National Pie awards. The recipe was provided by Raine Gottess.
- 18 Nutter Butter sandwich cookies, crushed fine
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 4 Reese's Peanut Butter cups, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 ounces Cool Whip
- Mix together in a bowl until moist and press into 10 inch deep pie pan, freeze 10 minutes to firm.
- Layer 1:.
- In a mixer, beat all ingredients until blended and spread 1/2 mixture over the crust.
- Layer 2:.
- Place chopped Peanut Butter cups over layer 1 and freeze 5 minutes.
- Layer 3:.
- Take remaining mixture from layer 1 and mix rest of ingredients with mixer, blending well. Spread over filling.
- Decorate with Cool Whip over pie and add a sprinkle of crushed peanuts and chopped peanut butter cups.
- Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.