1/2 Photos of Peanut Butter-Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies
Mrs. B in WY's Note:
The basis of this recipe came from my boyfriend's mother's secret, "blue-ribbon-winning chocolate-chip cookie recipe" more than 20 years ago. The secret recipe happens to be nearly identical to the one in my Good Housekeeping cookbook :) I added the peanut butter and oatmeal for variety and changed the shortening from Crisco to butter. It usually takes about an hour to turn out a batch of cookies. I just split the time evenly between prep and bake since cookies require babysitting. The nutrition information appears to be for the entire batch. I usually get about five dozen small (--2") cookies from this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups flour (expect to add more or less to get the right consistency)
- 2 cups chocolate chips (more or less, depending on your preferences)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Cream butter, sugars and eggs. An electric mixer makes this easier, of course.
- 3Add vanilla and mix.
- 4Add peanut butter and mix until the sugars have dissolved. There should be very little or no grittiness left. This should take only a few minutes.
- 5Sprinkle in baking soda and salt, making sure they mix throughout.
- 6Add rolled oats and mix just until blended.
- 7Remove bowl from mixer and stir flour in a cup or so at a time. I like a "medium" dough -- soft enough that I can roll it but not so soft that it sticks to my hands. If you like flatter cookies that spread out more, you might cut back on the flour. If you like rounder cookies, you might add a little more flour.
- 8When the dough is the consistency you prefer, stir in the chocolate chips. If DH weren't a nut hater, I'd stir in a cup of walnuts or pecans here, too.
- 9Form balls (or drop dough) of approximately heaping tablespoons size onto an ungreased cookie sheet, flattening the balls or blobs of dough slightly.
- 10Bake for 9-11 minutes. I like to pull them right after the cookies have risen to their highest point and then "fallen."
- 11I hope you enjoy them!
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter-Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.0
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 43.0 mg
- Sodium 332.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 6.8 g