1/9 Photos of Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is adapted from a King Arthur Flour recipe. After not having any cookies for awhile because I was avoiding flour for the South Beach Diet...I thought I was in heaven with these! Peanut Butter, Oatmeal AND chocolate chips...YUMMY! My husband took most of them to work and his co-workers devoured them in 10 minutes...and they all wanted the recipe. It's very important to follow the baking instructions and not to overbake them or they'll be hard and not so good. The original recipe calls for 2 cups of chocolate chips...I only used one and had a hard time keeping them together...so I think 1/2-3/4 cup should be better. If you choose to use regular brown sugar double it because you use half the amount of Splenda Brown Sugar because it's twice as sweet. ENJOY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup natural-style peanut butter, unsweetened (I used half crunchy and half creamy)
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2-3/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup old fashioned oats, ground in a blender or 1 cup oat bran
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2-3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1/2-3/4 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Lightly grease 2 baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- 3Cream the peanut butter, butter, sugar, vanilla, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- 4Beat in the eggs, scraping the bowl once they're incorporated, then ground oats, old fashioned rolled oats and chocolate chips.
- 5Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets. (They don't spread much.).
- 6Bake the cookies, reversing the pans midway through (top to bottom, bottom to top), until they're barely set and just beginning to brown around the edges, 11-13 minutes.
- 7Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely on the pans.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 38
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.0
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 13.0 mg
- Sodium 54.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g