Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
This is adapted from a King Arthur Flour recipe. After not having any cookies for awhile because I was avoiding flour for the South Beach Diet...I thought I was in heaven with these! Peanut Butter, Oatmeal AND chocolate chips...YUMMY! My husband took most of them to work and his co-workers devoured them in 10 minutes...and they all wanted the recipe. It's very important to follow the baking instructions and not to overbake them or they'll be hard and not so good. The original recipe calls for 2 cups of chocolate chips...I only used one and had a hard time keeping them together...so I think 1/2-3/4 cup should be better. If you choose to use regular brown sugar double it because you use half the amount of Splenda Brown Sugar because it's twice as sweet. ENJOY!
- 2⁄3 cup natural-style peanut butter, unsweetened (I used half crunchy and half creamy)
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup old fashioned oats, ground in a blender or 1 cup oat bran
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Cream the peanut butter, butter, sugar, vanilla, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Beat in the eggs, scraping the bowl once they're incorporated, then ground oats, old fashioned rolled oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets. (They don't spread much.).
- Bake the cookies, reversing the pans midway through (top to bottom, bottom to top), until they're barely set and just beginning to brown around the edges, 11-13 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely on the pans.
Excellent cookie! I made them for Christmas gifts for my dad and another friend who is diabetic... thanks for the great recipe!
Hi Engrossed, you are so right these cookies are amazing I went to my larder only to find I didn't have enough oats, I only had about one and quarter cup so I made it up with the oat bran as I had lots of that, and a half cup of chips was plenty. Next time I might put in some cranberries, I think that would work well. Thanks for posting.
I will automatically give this 5 stars as it has two of my FAVE ingredients listed. P.B. and chocolate. I used regular Jif p.b. and followed the advice of a previous reviewer and split the difference w/the sugar as I didn't have Splenda Brown Sugar. Used 1/2 regular Splenda and 1/2 brown and white sugar. Turned out perfect. I also patted the dough down a bit b/f baking as they do not spread. FAB!! Thanks!! Made for Cupids Bev. Tag 08`