The trick with these is not to overbake, throw in some chocolate or peanut butter baking chips if desired :) You could mix this by hand, but there is a lot of dough and it is quite thick so I recommend using a stand mixer to mix the batter, if you prefer a really sweet bar then increase the brown sugar to 1-1/4 cups.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons maple extract (or use 2-3 teaspoons vanilla)
- 1 1/4 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups large-flake oats
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 3Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- 4In a large bowl using an electric mixer cream the butter or margarine with white and brown sugar until well creamed.
- 5Mix in the peanut butter.
- 6Add in eggs and maple or vanilla extract; mix until well blended (about 3 minutes).
- 7In a bowl combine the flour with oats, baking soda and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture and mix until well combined.
- 8Mix in chopped peanuts.
- 9Transfer to baking dish, then spread out evenly (the mixture will be quite thick so use you hands to spread in the dish).
- 10Bake for about 20-22 minutes.
- 11Cool completely before frosting.
- 12For the frosting; in a bowl beat butter or margarine and peanut butter until fluffy using an electric mixer.
- 13Gradually mix in confectioners sugar, when the mixture stars to get thick add in the milk or cream a tablespoon at a time until a desired spreadable consistency is achieved.
- 14Spread over the cooled brownies.
- 15Cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Brownies With Peanut Butter Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 681.8
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 384.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 47.2 g
- Protein 15.0 g