Prep 12 mins
Cook 30 mins
These quick and easy bars have the most glorious "ribbon" of fudge running through them. I got the recipe from a friend in Chicago. Watch out! These are RICH and ADDICTIVE!!!!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, peanut butter, egg and oil.
- Press 2/3 of this mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in heavy saucepan, heat and stir sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips and butter over low heat until blended.
- Pour this chocolate mixture over the par-baked crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining crust crumb mixture.
- Bake an additional 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on wire rack.
I made these bars for dessert while my husband was finishing making dinner, and they are quick, easy and delicious. I will always have the ingredients on hand from now on for this great recipe. Thank you!
I just wanted everyone to know that these are fabulous and when you make them you ask yourself why you don't keep these ingredients on hand for that last minute dessert! I thought you should also know that I tried to reduce the fat by using applesauce instead of oil and fat free sweetened condensed milk with GREAT results. I realize these changes do not make this a low calorie or low fat bar, but I do feel better about it!! Thanks! KCShell
WOW, are these ever good! Delicious fudge surrounded by tender peanut butter cookie in a square! I cut them small because they are so rich and ended up getting 40 squares. I didn't have a cake mix, so I used Cake Mix and it worked fine. I have a nonstick pan that tends to bake quickly, so I didn't bake the bottom for the 10 minutes first. Thanks for posting this, I know I'll be making it again.