Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love new cupcakes and these remind me of a peanutbutter cup when you put chocolate frosting on top! Simple and delicious!
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line muffin tin cupcs with paper cupcake liners.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, peanut butter and brown sugar until smoothly blended and lightened in color, about 1 minute.
- Mix in egg. Add vanilla and beat for 1 minute or until batter smooth.
- On low speed, add the flour mixture in 3 additions and the milk in 2 additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture and mixing until the flour is incorporated and the batter looks smooth.
- Fill each liner with a generous 1/4 cup of batter, to about 1/3 inch below the top of the liner.
- Bake just until the tops feel firm and are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 22 minutes. There will be cracks on the top.
- Cool cupcakes for 10 minutes in the pan on wire rack.
WOW!! I frosted these with a thick chocolate buttercream, and took them to work for a breast cancer awareness fundraiser... everyone just LOVED them!! One thing, they do not get that typical rounded cupcake look, they stay flat, and some fall quite a bit during cooling... but they're so moist and delicious they're worth it!! My fiance said they remind him of the peanut butter cookies with the reese's centers that you see at Christmas time. What a yummy cupcake!! Thanks for sharing! I'll be posting a pic later... if there's any left when I get home!
We did not like these very much. The batter was very thick - more like a soft cookie dough than cake batter. I had to push it into the cups. They did crack as the recipe said, and browned nicely, but they were very greasy inside. The flavor was good, with or without the chocolate frosting, but the texture was just very heavy and dense. I made them with no changes to the recipe.
Will make again! Turned out very light with a strong peanut butter taste. I did make some substitutions, as I am a vegan and try to be healthy where possible.I used Vanilla soy milk and white sugar/splenda/honey mixture and Ener-G egg replacer, I also used chunky peanut butter. I added some dark chocolate chips. I used 4 tablespoons of butter and 2/3 tablespoons of applesauce. Great recipe. Thanks!