Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is a favorite of my family. It is very quick and easy with few ingredients. This is a thin but rich bar with 3 delicious layers.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar, flour, and water. Spread into an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, with a mixer, beat together powdered sugar, milk, 1/2 cup butter, and 3 Tbsp peanut butter.
- Spread over warm crust.
- Melt together chocolate chips and 3/4 cup peanut butter. (I melt it in the microwave).
- Pour over cooled 1st and 2nd layer.
- Cool in refrigerator.
These were not for me. The middle layer felt too much like a spoonful of butter and the middle layer didn't stick to the crust. The top layer was too soft and melty making the whole thing gooey. I didn't have any problems with the crust or getting them out of the pan though. One of my kids thought these were great - just like pb cups.
There were 7 of us tasting this dessert tonight. Five people loved it. One didn't like the crust. One thought it was okay, but not great. If possible I would have given it a rating of 4 1/2 but more people loved it here than those who didn't. Made for P.A.R.T.Y. 2011.
Delicious!!! ...and an easy to follow recipe. However, I found that the middle layer didn't set, even after an hour in the fridge... and later on when I cut it up, the downwards force of the knife cause most of the middle to leak out. Next time I make it I'll tweek the quantitys a little and see if I can make it set. Absolutely beuatiful when you have a peanut butter craving though! Mmm.