Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from an 05 edition of a magazine called Real Simple.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Crunch Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven 375°F.
- Using electric mixer, cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg, peanut butter and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add to butter mixture, beat till incorporated.
- Fold in rice crispies and nuts.
- Form dough into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Place on lined baking sheets 2 ins apart.
- Gently press cookies down with back of fork.
- Bake till golden brown - approx 15 - 18 minutes.
- Cool on sheets for 5 minutes , then transfer to wire racks.
An excellent cookie! The cereal in it gives it extra crunch. I used chunky peanut butter, subbed in 1/4 cup of ground flax with the flour, and did not have peanuts so used raisins. Thank you katew for sharing.
Delicious cookies! I doubled the recipe and added a heaping cup of peanut butter chips - I'd recommend making that addition! The texture is really interesting and different, too. I can't wait to take these to my group tonight - they're going to devour them! Thanks for sharing the recipe, Kate! Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag.