Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A family favorite, thin and crunchy.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Mix butter, peanut butter, sugars and egg thoroughly.
- Measure flour by sifting.
- Blend all dry ingredients; stir into butter mixture.
- Chill dough.
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Roll dough into 1 1/4-inch balls.
- Place 3" apart on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Flatten criss-cross style with fork dipped in flour.
- Bake 8-12 minutes.
This is the perfect classic peanut butter cookie. They were crispy/peanut buttery/buttery - just right. I dipped the fork in sugar instead of flour when making the criss-cross - my preference. The recipe made 36 cookies using 1 1/4 inch balls of dough. It took about 10 - 11 minutes in my oven, and mid-way I turned the cookie sheet since my oven is a little hotter in the back. Hard to beat this recipe.
Mmmm....these are excellent! The consistency of the dough is perfect. They dough didn't even stick to my hands AT ALL and I only chilled it for about an hour. The cooking time is perfect too. The texture of the cookie is wonderful with buttery crisp edges and a tender center. My only comment is to make sure you have a cooling rack ready as the cookies are quite soft right out of the oven and take a few minutes on the cooling rack to firm up. Yum!
This recipe is perfect for people that want to have a nice sized batch without having to make 200 cookies