Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
The traditional peanut butter cookie with the criss-cross fork pattern you remember from childhood.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine peanut butter, shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer set at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Combine flour and salt in a small bowl; mix well. Add flour mixture gradually to the peanut butter mixture, mixing continually.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on to ungreased baking sheets. Flatten in a criss-cross pattern with a fork dipped in granulated sugar.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Very good recipe! I cut the sugar by half, 1/2 c. white, 1/2 c. brown, and they were perfect. Thanks for postibg!
Great cookies. Just like I remembered. However, I had to adjust the temp in my oven. 375 made the bottoms too brown. I adjusted back to 350. Thank you so much for posting.
My friend Mary makes these as well ... the only difference is that she only uses 2 1/4 cup flour and bakes for 10 min at 350 degrees. She also sprinkles sugar on top ... yummy. I was going to post the recipe when I found this one. The BEST peanut butter cookie out there!