- preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- cream butter.
- add sugars to butter and cream.
- combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- add vanilla to butter mixture.
- slightly beat egg add to butter.
- add peanut butter to butter mixture and mix thoroughly.
- slowly add dry ingredients to butter mixture.
- using two teaspoons spoon mixture onto non greased baking sheet, leaving room for spreading use a fork dipped in water to level out mounds.
- cook for 8-10 minutes.
- cool on pan for 1 minute then transfer to cooling rack.
Using natural peanut butter improves the taste considerable. We used the USDA stuff when we were "poor" and it tasted much better than the processed brands.
These cookies are great. My Hubby only likes "soft" cookies and these are just perfect. Thanks for the great recipe!!