Since cupcakes are such a big thing right now, these are a sure to be a hit. They even have a hidden surprise!! The recipe calls for using jumbo muffin cups, but I use the normal cupcake size.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 -4 teaspoons milk
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and milk until smooth.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, water, oil and vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. (batter will be thin.).
- Fill paper-lined jumbo muffin cups half full with batter.
- Drop scant tablespoons of peanut butter mixture into center of each.
- Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans to wire racks.
- Cool completely.
- Combine frosting ingredients.
- Frost cupcakes.
- Store in refrigerator.