Since cupcakes are such a big thing right now, these are a sure to be a hit. They even have a hidden surprise!! The recipe calls for using jumbo muffin cups, but I use the normal cupcake size.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 -4 teaspoons milk
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and milk until smooth.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, water, oil and vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. (batter will be thin.).
- Fill paper-lined jumbo muffin cups half full with batter.
- Drop scant tablespoons of peanut butter mixture into center of each.
- Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans to wire racks.
- Cool completely.
- Combine frosting ingredients.
- Frost cupcakes.
- Store in refrigerator.
HELP! This was my first ever attempt at baking cupcakes from scratch, so I'm not going to actually rate this recipe yet. Here's my trouble.. I wanted to bake the cupcakes without the filling and make just regular sized cupcakes. I followed the recipe exactly with the omission of the filling. I got 16 cupcakes that taste really good, but fell completely in the middle. Anyone have any ideas on why they all fell?
These cupcakes are yummy. I did half the recipe and instead of 1 cup sugar I used 3/4 cup. It was enough. I loved the filling. For the frosting, I added peanut butter. It was great. Thanks CoffeeB :) Made for Holiday tag
10 stars! These are divine! Nothing goes together like peanut butter & chocolate! I ended up with 20 regular sized cupcakes. I used melted butter instead of vegetable oil in the cake, and for the frosting I added a little extra butter and cocoa, and I also added a little melted dark chocolate. Thank for sharing! [Made for PRMR]