This is my "go to" cookie recipe! I got it from Pamela Lanier's Bed & Breakfast website. I love them because they are delicious! They have oatmeal in them which I put through the blender until fine-this way I can slip it to my picky eaters!!!
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars.
- Beat in peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 2minutes. Cool approximately 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
- Note: Oats may be put through a food processor or blender until fine if desired.
Great flavor, and good texture (soft, yet crispier outer edge). The oatmeal adds a nice texture (i didn't grind). Will defiantly make again.
Superb cookies! I used butter flavored shortening to enhance the flavor even more. I also blended the oatmeal as my son has this thing about oatmeal. LOL! Thanks for the great recipe!! :)
These cookies turned out great and I am not a big cookie baker. Made them for grandson in Marines and he and his buddies loved them. I got 5 dozen cookies using 1 TBS measurement as directed. Also, I used chunky peanut butter. These are really Keeper cookies. Thanks for posting.