Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These yummy brownies came from a lady I knew that worked in a high school lunchroom. The pan is a large jelly roll pan with 1" sides. My kids love these !
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Combine shortening, sugar and peanut butter in large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, applesauce and vanilla and mix well.
- Mix dry ingredients together and add to creamed mixture.
- Spray pans with non-stick spray.
- After adding batter, give the pan a few shakes to distribute batter evenly.
- Bake approximately 25 minutes or until the top is golden and toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and cut into bars.
- Note: This recipe is for a convection oven, which cooks a little quicker than a standard oven.
I made these bars as a treat for my DH -- he loves peanut butter! They are very good, and not overly sweet. I used butter instead of shortening, and Splenda in place of sugar. I also added peanut butter chips. Worked just great! I will make these again! Made for Spring PAC 2009