Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
What a perfect combo! Kids love to help with these... usually the thumbprint part!
Make and share this Peanut Butter and Jam Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter, and sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix until smooth.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda.
- Stir into butter mixture until completely blended.
- Form dough into balls and flatten with thumb, on cookie sheet, to make a well.
- Drop 1 tsp of jam into each well.
- Bake until lightly browned around the edges, 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 1 min before removing.
I made these today using mango jam and blackberry jam. The dough was very wet and even after adding about 1/4 extra cup of flour & refrigerating the dough, it was still very hard to work with. I definitely couldn't form balls. :( The flavor was good but the cookies were so soft they fell apart VERY easily. Sorry I couldn't give more stars but wanted to be honest.
I LOVE these cookies :) I have been making paenutbutter cookies for years and never thought to put jam in the middle DUH!! The worse part is I LOVE thumbprint cookies and put jam in the middle of my oatmeal cookies. Oh well, live and learn. Sam thanx for an awesome cookie to add to my christmas trays. This ones a keeper.
I just made these cookies and MAN ALIVE were they SO SO SO yummy, I don't really eat peanut butter cookies often but I was in the mood for a "jam" cookie and these were so wonderful, I will CERTAINLY be making these again and again and my husband LOVED them.