Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from the Betty Crocker Cake Mix recipe book (the one's that are displayed at the check out counter at grocery store!) I'm not much for baking...but proud to say this was delicious!
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a 13X9 inch pan, melt butter in oven.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter.
- Place maraschino cherry in center of each peach half; place cut side down on the brown sugar (cherries will be on the bottom).
- Spoon pineapple around peaches.
- Add enough water to reserved pineapple juice to measure 1 1/4 cups (I used pineapple juice and fruit juice out of the peach cans!).
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, juice mixture, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on med speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter over peaches and pineapple.
- Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean and top is VERY DARK GOLDEN BROWN.
- Immediately run knife around side of pan to loosen cake. Place heatproof serving plate upside down on pan; turn pan and plate over. Leave pan over cake 1 minute so topping can drizzle over cake.
- Cool 30 minutes. Serve warm or cool.
A delicious recipe for the whole family. So easy! I followed the recipe with the following modifications: I evenly spaced the pineapple rings and cut up pieces of canned peaches to surround the pineapple, and also fill in the holes in the center. I did not have maraschino cherries on hand, and used canned sliced peaches. My son says this is the best cake he's ever had, and declares he wants this cake for Christmas, Thanksgiving, and his birthday! Yum, I'll have to make this again. It is just too easy and delicious to forget. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Everyone loved this! I made it for our Easter brunch and it was the perfect ending to our meal. I followed the directions with only two changes. I only used 1/2 cup of brown sugar because it covered the bottom of the pan just fine. I also skipped using solid shortening and just used cooking spray and I had no issues with sticking. Thanks so much for posting a new twist on an old family favorite!
This was so good -- rave reviews from the family! Nice change of pave from the traditional pineapple upside down cake (which I love!).