I got this recipe from the Betty Crocker Cake Mix recipe book (the one's that are displayed at the check out counter at grocery store!) I'm not much for baking...but proud to say this was delicious!
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a 13X9 inch pan, melt butter in oven.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter.
- Place maraschino cherry in center of each peach half; place cut side down on the brown sugar (cherries will be on the bottom).
- Spoon pineapple around peaches.
- Add enough water to reserved pineapple juice to measure 1 1/4 cups (I used pineapple juice and fruit juice out of the peach cans!).
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, juice mixture, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on med speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter over peaches and pineapple.
- Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean and top is VERY DARK GOLDEN BROWN.
- Immediately run knife around side of pan to loosen cake. Place heatproof serving plate upside down on pan; turn pan and plate over. Leave pan over cake 1 minute so topping can drizzle over cake.
- Cool 30 minutes. Serve warm or cool.