A twist on the upside-down cake tradition! The first cake I ever made and entered at the fair, years ago as a 4Her! Of course I got a blue ribbon! Still making it today 40 years later only simplified these days.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in a 13x9 pan.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar, evenly.
- Drain peaches and reserve syrup.
- Arrange slices in the sugar.
- If desired arrange cherries round side down in the sugar.
- Add enough water to syrup to make 1 1/3 cup liquid.
- Add this and the eggs to the cake mix and mix as directed.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes until toothpick comes clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Turn upside-down on a large platter or cookie sheet with sides.
- Remove pan and serve warm topped with whipped cream.