1/3 Photos of Peach Tart With a Ginger Crust
This crust is so good! The dough can actually be pressed out to 1/4" thick, cut into triangles,and baked into cookies! With the peach filling, topped with whipped cream and/or caramel sauce, this is a keeper! From Chef Caprial Pence, who has her own cooking show on PBS.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1For the pastry, preheat oven to 350*F. Place flour, ginger, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a food processor. Cut butter into 1 to 2 tablespoon pieces and, with the machine running, add the pieces to processor, one at a time. Process until a ball of dough forms on top of the blade. Remove from machine.
- 2Press into a well greased 12" tart pan with removable bottom. Bake for about 10 minutes, just until the dough starts to set. Remove from the oven and cool while making the filling.
- 3For the filling, preheat oven to 350*F., if you haven't done it already. Arrange sliced peaches in concentric circles in cooled tart shell, filling the shell. In a food processor, place cream cheese, cream, and sugar, mix until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and rum extract and mix well. Pour over peaches and bake for about 30 minutes,or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm or cold with lightly whipped cream and/or caramel sauce. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Tart With a Ginger Crust
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.2
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 140.7 mg
- Sodium 176.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 40.0 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: