Mmmmmmmm Sooo Gooood!! (Chill time for the batter is 30 minutes not included in cook time.) Lovely delicate clafouti!! from Cooking Light
- Preheat oven to 400f degrees.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cup, level with a knife.
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (flour through eggs) in a blender, process until smooth.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Arrange peaaches or nectarines in a 13x9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Pour batter over fruit.
- Bake at 400f degrees for 35 minutes or until set.
Wonderful! I had a bunch of ripe organic nectarines and this was the perfect use. Followed the rceipe exactly, although I did peel the nectarines. Not overly sweet, and a tad "wetter" than other clafoutis I've made. My kids gobbled it down for breakfast and begged for more. Thanks for sharing the rceipe!
Well, I opened my fridge to get a nectarine (since I like them cold and hate all the fruit flies when you leave them out) and discoverd some mushy spots and rather mealy textured, but still good-tasting fruit. Not wanting to waste them, I looked here for an idea of cooking the fruit where the texture would be irrelevant. This is an absolutely wonderful dessert. I did not have yogurt on hand so I used sour cream; I doubled the recipe and used "almost" a whole cup of low-fat sour cream. I also used 2% milk instead of soy milk. I was pleasantly surprised that it came out with a "custard"-like texture - almost like flan, surrounding the nectarine chunks. I also used splenda. Wonderful cold the next morning for breakfast too!
have made this a couple of times with peaches and we LOVE it!