1/1 Photo of Peach Cake
1 hr 15 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
Several years ago, while searching for a good-tasting yet easy-to-make recipe for peach cake, I ended up combining several into this concoction, then made it for a friend's birthday!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the cake
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1.5 (15 ounce) cans canned peaches, sliced, drained
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
For the topping
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees ahrenheit.
- 2In a large bowl, beat eggs; add sugar and oil, mixing well.
- 3In another bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking powder.
- 4Add flour mixture to the egg mixture, ALTERNATELY with the orange juice.
- 5Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- 6In a separate bowl, toss sliced peaches with sugar and cinnamon.
- 7Pour 1/3 of the batter into the prepared tube pan; layer 1/2 of the peach mixture over it.
- 8Cover that peach layer with 1/3 of the batter; add the last 1/2 of the peach mixture.
- 9Follow that by layering the last 1/3 of the batter, covering the last peach layer completely.
- 10Put in oven and bake 1 hour.
- 11Cool cake 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- 12Cool completely.
- 13For the topping, in a medium bowl, combine mashed peaches, pudding and Cool Whip; blend well.
- 14Spread peach topping over the cooled cake.
- 15Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Cake
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 748.8
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 74.4 mg
- Sodium 508.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 78.3 g
- Protein 7.4 g