1/3 Photos of Paula Deen's Brown Sugar Chewies
This is a great bar cookie. I got rave reviews when I recently made them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Spray an 8-inch square pan with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- 3In a small saucepan, melt the butter.
- 4Turn off the heat, add the brown sugar and stir until smooth.
- 5Stir in the egg.
- 6Stir together the flour and baking powder and stir into the brown sugar mixture.
- 7Stir in the vanilla and pecans.
- 8Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- 9When cool, dust the top with a sifting of confectioners' sugar.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deen's Brown Sugar Chewies
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.8
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 100.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 23.9 g
- Protein 2.1 g