1/4 Photos of Patience Coconut Cake
48 hrs 30 mins
My stepmother usually has to make two of these cakes at a time. It may take two days to make but it takes no time for it to vanish from the table!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 38 ounces coconut
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip (Not lite or Fat Free)
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix (Duncan Hines preferred)
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1Mix 16 oz sour cream, 16 oz coconut, and the 2 cups of powdered sugar together and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- 2Bake the cake mix as directed in 2 layer pans.
- 3When the cake is cool split the 2 layers and fill them with the sour cream mixture.
- 4Ice the cake then with the cool whip and the other 16 oz of coconut.
- 5Put the cake back in the refrigerator for at least another 24 hours.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Patience Coconut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (3026 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 12672.9
- Calories from Fat 8837
- Total Fat 981.9 g
- Saturated Fat 746.1 g
- Cholesterol 210.5 mg
- Sodium 4296.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 968.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 180.2 g
- Sugars 648.2 g
- Protein 126.0 g