1/4 Photos of Patience Coconut Cake
48 hrs 30 mins
My stepmother usually has to make two of these cakes at a time. It may take two days to make but it takes no time for it to vanish from the table!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 38 ounces coconut
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip (Not lite or Fat Free)
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix (Duncan Hines preferred)
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1Mix 16 oz sour cream, 16 oz coconut, and the 2 cups of powdered sugar together and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- 2Bake the cake mix as directed in 2 layer pans.
- 3When the cake is cool split the 2 layers and fill them with the sour cream mixture.
- 4Ice the cake then with the cool whip and the other 16 oz of coconut.
- 5Put the cake back in the refrigerator for at least another 24 hours.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Patience Coconut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (3026 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 12672.9
- Calories from Fat 8837
- Total Fat 981.9 g
- Saturated Fat 746.1 g
- Cholesterol 210.5 mg
- Sodium 4296.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 968.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 180.2 g
- Sugars 648.2 g
- Protein 126.0 g