Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This tart shell recipe comes from the Baker's Advantage 11" x1" Round Quiche/Tart Pan insert. Baking time varies according to your filling's recipe. Or, bake unfilled for 10-15 minutes; then, top with fresh fruit over which you pour melted apple jelly.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, chilled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Place flour, sugar, and salt in food processor bowl. Add butter slices. Process, using rapid on/off pulces until mixture resembles small particles.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of water; process a couple seconds more. Add other Tablespoon water; pulse again The dough should be damp enough to form a rough mass. Add a few more drops of water if necessary.
- Roll dough out onto a generously floured work surface until it is about 1/8 inch thick. Cut dough into shape of tart pan and transfer to pan, patting some of the overhang in around the edge to make the sides of the shell thicker than the bottom. Trim off remaining overhang. The quiche/tart is now ready to be filled and baked.
Really easy & lovely tasting pastry! I used it for a quiche though & found it way too sweet. So will not alter if I use it for sweet pie, which I will, but will omit the sugar next time I use it for quiche.
This is a great and also easy recipe. The food processor makes it quick work! Thanks for sharing!! We enjoyed!!