1 hr 20 mins
Suzanne Siegel's Note:
This recipe is good enough that I make it year round. I can't remember where I originally got it, but it's been a staple in my cookbook for years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees and adjust oven rack 1/3 up from bottom of oven.
- 2Grease a 10" bundt pan and sprinkle with granulated sugar, coating completely.
- 3Combine chocolate, butter or margarine and oil in the top of a double boiler over moderate heat.
- 4Cover and cook until almost completely melted.
- 5Whisk until completely melted and smooth.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Whisk the egg yolks gently.
- 8In a few additions, whisk 1/2 of the hot chocolate mixture into the yolks.
- 9Then add the yolks to the rest of the chocolate and mix.
- 10Add the sugar and vanilla and stir.
- 11Add salt to the egg whites, and beat until soft peaks form.
- 12Fold a dollop of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture to lighten.
- 13Then fold the chocolate into the rest of the egg whites until just combined.
- 14Pour into greased and sugared bundt pan.
- 15Bake at 300 degrees for about 1 hour, until done.
- 16Invert on to rach to cool.
- 17When cool, top with confectioners sugar if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Passover Chocolate Souffle Cake
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.0
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 217.9 mg
- Sodium 116.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 5.2 g