Need a chocolate fix during the holidays? Though I'm not Jewish, this recipe looked intriguing to me so I'm saving it as a gift the next time I'm invited to a Seder. (Yes, in my kitchen it would not be Kosher, but my friends are not that religious.) The combination of fruits --raisins, bananas and applesauce -- should give these a very moist brownie like texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup matzo cake meal (If you don't have matzo cake meal, put some matzo meal in a blender to make it a bit more fine than)
- 1/4 cup raisins (make sure they are plump, not dry) or 1/4 cup currants (make sure they are plump, not dry)
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease an 8" x 8" glass pan.
- 3Mix together in mixing bowl the potato starch and water. Add in the sugar, cocoa and a dash of salt. Once blended, add in the mashed banana, applesauce, matzo meal and raisins.
- 4Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes. Cut when cool.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Passover Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.5
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
matzo cake meal