1/4 Photos of Pass That Sweet Potato Pie
Baby Kato's Note:
Just a slightly different twist to sweet potato pie. Created for RSC 8. Hope you enjoy this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 cup coconut, sweet
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 4 tablespoons milk, cold
- 1Preheat Oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Pie Crust:.
- 3In a medium bowl stir flour, salt and coconut together.
- 4Use a pastry blender to cut butter into pea size pieces.
- 5Slowly add milk and form dough into a ball.
- 6Gently roll dough on lightly floured surface into a 12" circle, now transfer to a deep pie plate, trim and edge, put aside.
- 7Do not prick pastry.
- 8If you prefer, you could use an unbaked pre-made 9-inch deep dish pie shell.
- 9Pie Filling:.
- 10Beat eggs with brown & vanilla sugars, salt and spices mixing well.
- 11Next gently add sweet potato puree, whipping cream, sour cream and rum.
- 12Pour into unbaked pie shell and bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, turn the heat down to 400 degrees and continue baking for 30 minutes longer or until knife comes out clean.
- 13If necessary cover crust edges with tinfoil to prevent burning.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pass That Sweet Potato Pie
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.6
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 161.7 mg
- Sodium 372.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 7.3 g