Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this from a Mrs. Fields' cookbook. I love LOVE love these cookies. The almond extract makes them so delicious- usually I don't even bother to put the slivered almonds in.
- 3⁄4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a medium bowl.
- Add extracts and beat well. Scrape bowl.
- Add flour, chocolate chips and almonds, and blend on low speed until just combined. Do Not Overmix.
- Shape rounded tablespoonsful into 12 balls and place on a greased baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cookies just begin to brown.
- Transfer cookies to a cool, flat surface.
Awesome cookies- they taste great. The almond extract is what makes them so good! They are a bit delicate, so be careful when handling!