1/3 Photos of Parmesan Pull-Aparts
5 hrs 35 mins
As posted in the Feb. 2009 issue of Gourmet Magazine - these rolls are to die for!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together yeast, sugar and 1/3 cup of warm milk in mixer bowl and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes (if mixture doesn't foam, start over with new yeast).
- 2Wisk together flour, cheese, and salt, then mix into yeast mixture along with remaining 1/3 cup of milk at a low speed.
- 3Increase speed to medium once flour is incorporated, and beat in two eggs, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally until a very softr dough forms (about 3 minutes).
- 4Beat in butter until dough is elastic (approx. 2 minutes), dough will be very sticky!
- 5Scrape down bowl, cover with plastic wrap and a kitchen towel and let rise in at a warm room temperature until doubled (1 1/2 - 2hrs).
- 6Punch down dough (do not knead), and turn out on a floured surface. Cut into 12 equal pieces, and roll each into a ball.
- 7Arrange balls 1 inch apart in a buttered 9-by-2 inch round cake pan, and cover with a kitchen towel (not terry cloth).
- 8Let dough rise in a draft-free place at a warm room temperature until doubled and dough fills pan, 1-1/12 hrs.
- 9Preheat oven to 375*F with rack in middle.
- 10Wisk together remaining egg with water and brush on tops of rolls (you will have left over egg wash). Bake until deep golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 11Loosen edges of rolls pan when the come out of the oven, then let cool for several minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Pull-Aparts
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.1
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 73.4 mg
- Sodium 394.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 8.1 g