Prep2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe was adapted from an old recipe from many years gone by. These buttery rolls are sure to please your family on holidays or anytime.
- Directions Add water, 1/4 cup butter, egg, salt, bread flour, sugar and yeast to bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select dough/manual cycle.
- Meanwhile, put 1/4 cup butter in baking pan.
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Tilt pan to grease bottom.
- When cycle is complete, remove dough from machine to lightly floured surface.
- Roll out dough 1/2-inch thick.
- With floured 2 3/4-inch round cutter, cut dough into circles.
- Holding dough circle by the edge, dip both sides into melted butter in pan; fold in half.
- Arrange folded dough in rows in pan, each nearly touching the other.
- Knead trimmings together; re-roll and cut more rolls.
- Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place about 45 minutes, or until doubled.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven 15 to 18 minutes, or until done.
- Remove from pan and let cool on wire rack.
- Brush With additional butter if desired.
- Makes approximately.
- 12-18 rolls. At 4 rolls each calories = 154.
- I've made the mistake of using margarine in this recipe and ended up with flat rolls even after a good raise due to the water content in some margarines. Best Wishes and Enjoy! The original recipe is more than 30 years old.