1/1 Photo of Parker House Rolls (Bread Machine Version)
2 hrs 48 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe was adapted from an old recipe from many years gone by. These buttery rolls are sure to please your family on holidays or anytime.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Directions Add water, 1/4 cup butter, egg, salt, bread flour, sugar and yeast to bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer.
- 2Select dough/manual cycle.
- 3Meanwhile, put 1/4 cup butter in baking pan.
- 4Melt butter over low heat.
- 5Tilt pan to grease bottom.
- 6When cycle is complete, remove dough from machine to lightly floured surface.
- 7Roll out dough 1/2-inch thick.
- 8With floured 2 3/4-inch round cutter, cut dough into circles.
- 9Holding dough circle by the edge, dip both sides into melted butter in pan; fold in half.
- 10Arrange folded dough in rows in pan, each nearly touching the other.
- 11Knead trimmings together; re-roll and cut more rolls.
- 12Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place about 45 minutes, or until doubled.
- 13Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven 15 to 18 minutes, or until done.
- 14Remove from pan and let cool on wire rack.
- 15Brush With additional butter if desired.
- 16Makes approximately.
- 1712-18 rolls. At 4 rolls each calories = 154.
- 18I've made the mistake of using margarine in this recipe and ended up with flat rolls even after a good raise due to the water content in some margarines. Best Wishes and Enjoy! The original recipe is more than 30 years old.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parker House Rolls (Bread Machine Version)
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 612.8
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 107.5 mg
- Sodium 805.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 11.7 g