Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The highlight of my first meal at Pappadeaux, a deliciously different version of the standard pie.
Make and share this Pappadeaux's Key Lime Pie with Raspberry Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup ground pecans, finely ground
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2⁄3 cup cold water
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 5 tablespoons rose sweetened lime juice
- 5 tablespoons key lime juice or 5 tablespoons reconstituted lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, very fine
- 3⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Pie Crust: Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, add melted butter, blend well and press into a buttered pie pan.
- Place in a preheated, 350ºF oven for 7 to 10 minutes, when crust is slightly golden, remove from oven and cool.
- Pie: Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy,add sweetened condensed milk and beat mixture until completely blended.
- Use a 2 quart sauce pan to whisk egg yolks with water, add salt and flour.
- Stir, completely mixing flour into liquid, add lime zest, Roses Lime Juice and key lime juice.
- On low heat, or in a double boiler, whisk the egg mixture and stir constantly until mixture thickens.
- When egg and flour mixture is thickened, add cream cheese, whisking constantly taking care not to scorch the bottom of pan.
- Stir until pie filling starts to thicken and is completely mixed.
- When the filling is thick pour into the prepared pie shell and chill pie serveral hours before serving.
- Raspberry Sauce: Mix ingredients in sauce pan over medium high heat, until preserves reach boiling point.
- Simmer for 4 minutes, remove and pour through a fine strainer and chill.
- Drizzle over pie before serving.