The highlight of my first meal at Pappadeaux, a deliciously different version of the standard pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup ground pecans, finely ground
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 5 tablespoons rose sweetened lime juice
- 5 tablespoons key lime juice or 5 tablespoons reconstituted lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, very fine
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup water
- 1Pie Crust: Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, add melted butter, blend well and press into a buttered pie pan.
- 2Place in a preheated, 350ºF oven for 7 to 10 minutes, when crust is slightly golden, remove from oven and cool.
- 3Pie: Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy,add sweetened condensed milk and beat mixture until completely blended.
- 4Use a 2 quart sauce pan to whisk egg yolks with water, add salt and flour.
- 5Stir, completely mixing flour into liquid, add lime zest, Roses Lime Juice and key lime juice.
- 6On low heat, or in a double boiler, whisk the egg mixture and stir constantly until mixture thickens.
- 7When egg and flour mixture is thickened, add cream cheese, whisking constantly taking care not to scorch the bottom of pan.
- 8Stir until pie filling starts to thicken and is completely mixed.
- 9When the filling is thick pour into the prepared pie shell and chill pie serveral hours before serving.
- 10Raspberry Sauce: Mix ingredients in sauce pan over medium high heat, until preserves reach boiling point.
- 11Simmer for 4 minutes, remove and pour through a fine strainer and chill.
- 12Drizzle over pie before serving.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pappadeaux's Key Lime Pie with Raspberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.4
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 131.4 mg
- Sodium 314.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 59.7 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweetened lime juice