This is a really nice cake (its not CHOCOLATE FUDGE or anything like that!!!)...the fudge refers to the smooth pandan custard in the cake..enjoy. If you don't have Pandan paste, use pandan essence plus green coloring.
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 g sugar
- 100 g plain flour, sifted
- 100 g oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pandan spice essence
- green food coloring
- 1⁄2 liter water
- 180 g sugar
- 50 g butter
- 2 teaspoons agar, powder
- 150 ml water
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 80 g green bean flour or 80 g mung bean flour
- 2 teaspoons pandan spice essence
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut essence
- green food coloring
- desiccated coconut
- For Cake:.
- Preheat oven to 320 farenheit. Grease and line a 8inch cake tin.
- With electric mixer on high, whisk eggs, yolk, sugar and pandan paste for about 15 minutes till tripled in volume and silky in texture.
- Fold in sifted flour VERY VERY gently! After its incorporated, fold in oil. Make sure the oil has been mixed thoroughly, and that it hasn't sunk to the bottom.
- Pour batter into cake tin very gently.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven, cool in tin for 15 minutes, and turn over onto a cake rack to cool thoroughly.
- For Filling:.
- While cake is cooling, make filling.
- Combine the 1/2 litre water, sugar, agar powder and butter in a pan. Bring to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine 150ml water, coconut milk, mung bean flour, pandan paste and coconut essence. Mix well and then add this mix into the heated mix on the stove top.
- With a whisk, stir NON STOP until it thickens (make sure its well thickened or it wont set!). It should be a bit thicker than pastry cream. Remove from heat and cool for 5- 10 minutes but dont let it set!
- Cut cake into 3 layers. Place one layer in a 9 INCH cake ring or 9 INCH springform pan (WITHOUT THE BASE!.
- Top it with 1/2 of the filling, making sure the filling goes into the 1 inch space around the cake.
- Continue stacking until all 3 cake layers are used. With the remaining 1/3 of the filling, pour it on the cake, letting it flow into the 1 inch space at the side. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Lift cake ring slowly, and dust the whole cake with dessicated coconut.