1/1 Photo of Pandan Fudge Cake
This is a really nice cake (its not CHOCOLATE FUDGE or anything like that!!!)...the fudge refers to the smooth pandan custard in the cake..enjoy. If you don't have Pandan paste, use pandan essence plus green coloring.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 g sugar
- 100 g plain flour, sifted
- 100 g oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pandan spice essence
- green food coloring
- 1For Cake:.
- 2Preheat oven to 320 farenheit. Grease and line a 8inch cake tin.
- 3With electric mixer on high, whisk eggs, yolk, sugar and pandan paste for about 15 minutes till tripled in volume and silky in texture.
- 4Fold in sifted flour VERY VERY gently! After its incorporated, fold in oil. Make sure the oil has been mixed thoroughly, and that it hasn't sunk to the bottom.
- 5Pour batter into cake tin very gently.
- 6Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven, cool in tin for 15 minutes, and turn over onto a cake rack to cool thoroughly.
- 7For Filling:.
- 8While cake is cooling, make filling.
- 9Combine the 1/2 litre water, sugar, agar powder and butter in a pan. Bring to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to low.
- 10Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine 150ml water, coconut milk, mung bean flour, pandan paste and coconut essence. Mix well and then add this mix into the heated mix on the stove top.
- 11With a whisk, stir NON STOP until it thickens (make sure its well thickened or it wont set!). It should be a bit thicker than pastry cream. Remove from heat and cool for 5- 10 minutes but dont let it set!
- 13Cut cake into 3 layers. Place one layer in a 9 INCH cake ring or 9 INCH springform pan (WITHOUT THE BASE!.
- 14Top it with 1/2 of the filling, making sure the filling goes into the 1 inch space around the cake.
- 15Continue stacking until all 3 cake layers are used. With the remaining 1/3 of the filling, pour it on the cake, letting it flow into the 1 inch space at the side. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 16Lift cake ring slowly, and dust the whole cake with dessicated coconut.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pandan Fudge Cake
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.7
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 127.1 mg
- Sodium 88.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 35.0 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: