Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy to make and light as a cloud.
Make and share this Overnight Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat egg whites until frothy.
- Add salt and cream of tartar, and beat until stiff, but not dry.
- Gradually add sugar, continueing to beat until very shiny and stiff.
- Add vanilla and almond extract.
- Fold in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Drop by the teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets, and place in preheated oven.
- Immediately turn off the heat and leave until morning.
- Do NOT open the oven (bakes on retained heat).
- Store in an air-tight container if there are any left over.
I loved these! I did have a little operator error in that my oven wasn't quite high enough when I put the cookies in originally. So, in the morning, they were still a little gummy when I took them out. I turned the oven back on to 350, put them in and turned it off, and went to church. When I came home they were perfect! U left out the pecans and was a tad generous with the mini chocolate chips. These were a great crispy meringue cookie that I didn't need to babysit. I think this will be one I make frequently before I go to bed to put in lunches. Particularly since I can use my stand mixer and it does all the work for me. Thanks!