1/1 Photo of Oreo Blackout Cake
1 hr 10 mins
From an online recipe in response to a recipe request
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 27 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 16 Oreo cookies, coarsely crushed
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2For the crust: Grease two 9" round cake pans and dust with cocoa.
- 3Crush oreos and combine with butter.
- 4Pat into one of the pans.
- 5Bake 5 minutes.
- 6Set both pans aside.
- 7For the cake: Combine Oreo crumbs, flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- 8Set aside Cream butter and sugar.
- 9Add egg yolks, sour cream, melted chocolate and vanilla.
- 10Add the water and stir till blended.
- 11Beat at medium speed for one minute.
- 12Whip egg whites to soft peak.
- 13Fold into batter by hand.
- 14Divide batter into the two prepared pans (one has a cookie crust and one doesn't) Bake at 350 or until top springs back (15-25 minutes) The pan with the cookie bottom takes approximately 5 minutes longer.
- 15Remove the cakes from the pans and refrigerate.
- 16For the filling: Combine all ingredients and beat until of spreading consistency Place the cake layer with the cookie crust on a plate.
- 17Spread filling, reserving some for garnish.
- 18Top with the other cake.
- 19For the frosting: Beat the frosting ingredients together until of spreading consistency Frost the cake.
- 20For the garnish: Press additional crushed oreos on sides of cake.
- 21Pipe reserved filling on top in little clouds Press a quarter Oreo (or a mini Oreo) into each puff.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oreo Blackout Cake
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 785.0
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 109.9 mg
- Sodium 542.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 84.4 g
- Protein 7.9 g