Delicious pie that is about as close as you can get to fresh. *DO NOT use pie filling*You can use other types of blueberries but oregon is the most common and I got this recipe from their can and it works great.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain the berries and reserve the syrup from one can.
- Stir the syrup in to the combined mixture of the cornstarch and half of the sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened (it will thicken quickly).
- Remove from heat.
- Gently stir in remaining sugar, blueberries, and lemon juice.
- Let stand while preparing pastry.
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with pastry and fill with the filling.
- Dot with butter or margarine.
- Adjust top crust on pie, cuttin slits for the steam to escape, and seal; I recommend adding some sugar over the top after sealing.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is brown.