Sinful, sensational, and luscious, this cake is too easy to make to be this good! My grandmother gave me this recipe when I got married. Make it and you'll see why she kept it such a secret.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans (tip:use cocoa powder to dust pan).
- In large bowl, stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla: beat on medium speed of electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in water.
- (Batter will be thin.).
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks.
- Cool completely.
- Prepare Ora's Favorite Frosting; spread between layers and over top and sides of cake.