Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I am posting this recipe as I received it. I haven't tried this one yet, but I want to be able to find it when I get time to test it. Looks wonderful!
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest, divided
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, almonds, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, and 1 tsp orange zest.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Press into bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, orange juice, and extract.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup flour and baking powder and add to sugar mixture, whisking to combine.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until set.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
- Cut into squares to serve.
Ohhh, way good. I love any recipe that has the tartness of citrus. Will make these again an again, Maymie. Thnx for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Fall 2009.