Sweet and yummy! From Southern Living. A little different than the others posted as this has a simple glaze. Coat scissors or knife in flour to make chopping orange slice candy easier.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup shortening (I use butter)
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 10 candy orange slices, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1Stir together soda and 1 1/2 T water until dissolved.
- 2Beat shortening (butter) at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually add sugars, beating until fluffy. Add soda mixture, eggs, candy, pecans and coconut. Beat until blended.
- 3Combine flour, oats and baking powder. Gradually add to shortening mixture, beating until blended.
- 4Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- 5Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 6Stir together powdered sugar and orange juice; drizzle over cookies.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Slice Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1786.7
- Calories from Fat 760
- Total Fat 84.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 120.8 mg
- Sodium 442.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 246.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 164.0 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
candy orange slices