Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 hrs
Cook 20 mins
There's a little bit of sunshine-y treasure in these delicious rolls. From the Western chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Preparation time is approximate.
- Heat milk and butter until butter melts; add sugar and salt, cool.
- Soften yeast in lukewarm water and add to milk mixture.
- Stir in 2 1/2 cups of the flour and mix well.
- Cover and keep ina warm place to rise for about two hours.
- Add more flour to make a stiff dough, kneading well.
- Cover and let rise until double in bulk.
- Roll our on a floured board and cut with a biscuit cutter.
- Brush with melted butter and place 1 teaspoon of orange marmalade in the center.
- Fold each roll in half and place on a well-greased baking pan.
- Brush top with butter and let stand in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 425F for 20 minutes or until golden.