3 hrs 20 mins
There's a little bit of sunshine-y treasure in these delicious rolls. From the Western chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Preparation time is approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat milk and butter until butter melts; add sugar and salt, cool.
- 2Soften yeast in lukewarm water and add to milk mixture.
- 3Stir in 2 1/2 cups of the flour and mix well.
- 4Cover and keep ina warm place to rise for about two hours.
- 5Add more flour to make a stiff dough, kneading well.
- 6Cover and let rise until double in bulk.
- 7Roll our on a floured board and cut with a biscuit cutter.
- 8Brush with melted butter and place 1 teaspoon of orange marmalade in the center.
- 9Fold each roll in half and place on a well-greased baking pan.
- 10Brush top with butter and let stand in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- 11Bake in an oven preheated to 425F for 20 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Marmalade Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.2
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.1 mg
- Sodium 107.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 2.2 g