Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Orange and cranberry are paired with white chocolate chips to make an irresistible cookie! This recipe is based on the 'zaar recipe entitled "Orange Spiced Oatmeal Raisin Cookies", using cranberries instead of raisins and having less fat and sugar than the original recipe.
- Combine cranberries and liqueur and soak for several hours or overnight.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and orange peel.
- Mix flour, almond meal, and baking soda separately, and then beat into main mixture.
- Stir oats, white choc. chips, and cranberries with soaking liquid into mixture.
- Drop approximately a tablespoon of dough per cookie onto lightly greased baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 for 8 - 9 minutes. Be careful not to overbake!
- Let cool for a minute on cookie sheet before carefully removing to paper towels to finish cooling.
These are really good! But I did have to cook them 10-11 minutes and at that, they were just browned a little. Very nice flavors. Oh! I did use orange juice concentrate instead of the triple sec. Thanks for the tip ranch-girl, and the great cookies! Reviewed for Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #14.
Very good. I didn't feel like waiting on the cranberries to soak so i cooked them in the microwave with the triple sec for 45 seconds and cooked as usual and I think it was fine. I had to bake mine a minute or two more. New Review: My DH says this is his favorite cookie, he gets everyone to try 1 cookie, that's it, just 1. The soaking in triple sec is very important.
These are great. I used whole wheat flour, replaced the sec with water and vanilla. And used milk chocolate chips. Used what I had on hand...these were still good.