Orange and cranberry are paired with white chocolate chips to make an irresistible cookie! This recipe is based on the 'zaar recipe entitled "Orange Spiced Oatmeal Raisin Cookies", using cranberries instead of raisins and having less fat and sugar than the original recipe.
- Combine cranberries and liqueur and soak for several hours or overnight.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and orange peel.
- Mix flour, almond meal, and baking soda separately, and then beat into main mixture.
- Stir oats, white choc. chips, and cranberries with soaking liquid into mixture.
- Drop approximately a tablespoon of dough per cookie onto lightly greased baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 for 8 - 9 minutes. Be careful not to overbake!
- Let cool for a minute on cookie sheet before carefully removing to paper towels to finish cooling.