1/2 Photos of Orange Cake
Little Bee's Note:
I found this recipe on Allrecipes and when I made it I couldn't believe it! It is fantastic! The original recipe calls for lemon extract but I always use orange extract for a more orange flavor. The glaze isn't really a glaze but soaks into the cake. You can use powdered sugar instead of granulated for a more glaze effect if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray a 10 inch Bundt pan with non stick cooking spray.
- 2Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 3In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and pudding mix.
- 4Make a well in the center and pour in 3/4 cup orange juice, oil, eggs and lemon extract.
- 5Beat on low speed until blended.
- 6Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed.
- 7Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 8Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
- 9Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- 10(At least a half hour) In a saucepan over medium heat, cook 1/3 cup orange juice, sugar and butter for two minutes.
- 11With a toothpick poke holes through the cake.
- 12Drizzle sauce over cake.
- 13*For a more glazed effect do not poke holes in the cake and use powdered sugar instead of granulated.
- 14You may not need to use as much powdered sugar as granulated according to how sweet you like it.
- 15Drizzle over cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Cake
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.6
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 447.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 32.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g