Simple recipe for when you just want a cookie or two, (and don't want a whole batch waiting to get eaten!) It is easily adaptable to most any flavor; and also great to eat as dough (no eggs). I leave out the baking soda and salt because I don't care if my cookie rises, as long as it tastes good.
- Preheat toaster oven to 350.
- In a small bowl stir together butter, sugar, vanilla, and 1 tbsp of water with a fork till blended.
- Stir in flour (and salt and baking soda if desired.) You may need to stir in a little more water to get the correct consitency.
- Stir in additonal flavor: chocolate chips, oatmeal and cinnamon, peanut butter (reduce water,) maple flavor and white chocolate chips- the possibilities are endless!
- Drop onto a small pan and bake in your toaster for 10-15 minutes (you have to watch it carefully) till golden around the edges. If you want it chewy, eat it warm, if you want it crunchy, wait till it cools.