1/3 Photos of One-Bowl Kentucky Butter Cake
1 hr 10 mins
This is an easy one-bowl recipe! If you prefer more sauce on the cake, then the butter sauce can easily be doubled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar (or more, depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup butter, room temperature (no substitutions)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan or a 12-cup bundt pan.
- 3In a large bowl combine all cake ingredients; beat on low speed until moistened, then beat for another 3 minutes at medium speed.
- 4Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- 5Bake for 50-60 minutes or until cake tests done.
- 6For the butter sauce; in a saucepan, over low heat combine all sauce ingredients; cook just until the butter melts, stirring occasionally (do not boil).
- 7When cake is done remove from oven and pierce all over cake with a large fork or a long thin straw; pour the sauce all over the warm cake.
- 8Let stand 5 minutes, or until sauce is absorbed.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One-Bowl Kentucky Butter Cake
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.9
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 150.6 mg
- Sodium 569.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 56.6 g
- Protein 7.4 g