1/1 Photo of Old Fashioned Vanilla Wafers
These are just like the cookies we used to get in kindergarten with a glass of cold milk. Adapted from My Most Favorite Dessert Company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 3Cream the margarine together with the sugar on low speed until fluffy.
- 4Beat in the egg and vanilla until incorporated.
- 5Stir in the zests.
- 6Still on low speed, beat in the flour until fully blended.
- 7By teaspoonfuls, drop the batter onto the baking sheets, leaving a good two inches between each cookie.
- 8Bake for about 7 minutes, or until the wafers are lightly browned along the edges.
- 9Transfer to a cooling rack where they will crisp as they cool.
- 10Store carefully in layers in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Vanilla Wafers
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.2
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 18.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 3.8 g