1/1 Photo of Old Fashioned Sour Cream Fudge Cake
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe was on the "Swans Down Cake Flour" box. They say its their best chocolate cake recipe.
My Private Note
9" laye ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups Swans Down cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 unsweetened chocolate squares, melted and cooled
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degF.
- 2Sift tog.
- 3flour, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- 4Cream butter, then add brown sugar and continue beating for 5 minutes.
- 5Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6Add vanilla and chocolate.
- 7Alternately blend in flour mixture and sour cream, 1/3 at a time on low speed of electric mixer.
- 8Add boiling water, blending well (batter will be thin).
- 9Pour into 2 greased and floured 9" round layer cake pans.
- 10Bake at 350 degF for 35- 40 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- 11Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove and finish cooling on racks.
- 12Frosting: Combine chocolate, icing sugar, butter, hot water and egg.
- 13Blend; then beat at medium speed of electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- 14Chill until of spreading consistency.
- 15Carefully ice cake (cake crumb is very tender).
- 16You may not want to use the above icing due to the raw egg, so I would suggest making a seven minutes frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Sour Cream Fudge Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7976.6
- Calories from Fat 3389
- Total Fat 376.5 g
- Saturated Fat 228.3 g
- Cholesterol 1435.2 mg
- Sodium 5654.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1162.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 43.7 g
- Sugars 834.6 g
- Protein 89.5 g