1/1 Photo of Old Fashioned Raisin Pie
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- 15 ounces raisins (1 pkg, 3 cups)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons instant Tang orange drink (Any type of Instant Orange Breakfast Drink will do)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1Divide the pastry almost in half and roll out the larger half, on a lightly floured surface, to a 13-inch circle. Line a 9-inch pie plate with the pastry and trim the pastry 1/2 inch beyond the rim of the pie plate. Combine the raisins, brown sugar, corn starch and drink mix in a 3-quart saucepan.
- 2Stir in the water and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens.
- 3Remove from the heat and stir in the walnuts.
- 4Turn the mixture into the pastry-lined pie plate and dot with the butter.
- 5Roll out the remaining pastry to an 11-inch circle. Place the top crust over filling and trim the edge to 1-inch beyond the rim.
- 6Fold the top crust under the bottom crust and form a ridge. Flute the edge and cut steam vents in the top crust. Bake in a preheated 400 degree F.
- 7oven for 30 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- 8Cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Raisin Pie
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.2
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 171.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 73.4 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant Tang orange drink