Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 30 mins
This is my Mother-in-law's recipe and it's the best stuffing I've ever tasted by far. Prep time is estimated as I have not actually made this myself - I am a slow prepper!
- 3 -3 1⁄2 cups cornbread cubes (not Jiffy, used your favorite recipe but double the eggs called for in the recipe)
- 1⁄2 loaf French bread, pulsed in the food processor
- 8 -10 ounces pepperidge farm herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄3 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley or 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 3 -4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter, divided
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- Grease a 4-quart casserold dish; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, add all ingredients except the raw eggs, melted butter and chicken broth. Toss to mix well.
- Add the raw eggs, 1/4 cup of the melted butter and chicken broth. Knead together until mixture holds together.
- Turn into greased casserole dish and pat top to smooth.
- Poor remaining 1/4 cup melted butter over top.
- Cover and bake in preheated overn for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, uncover and let sit for 10 minutes before serving. Do not overcook or dressing will dry out.