2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is my Mother-in-law's recipe and it's the best stuffing I've ever tasted by far. Prep time is estimated as I have not actually made this myself - I am a slow prepper!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -3 1/2 cups cornbread cubes (not Jiffy, used your favorite recipe but double the eggs called for in the recipe)
- 1/2 loaf French bread, pulsed in the food processor
- 8 -10 ounces pepperidge farm herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/3 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup finely diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley or 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 3 -4 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter, divided
- 2 -2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1Grease a 4-quart casserold dish; set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3In large mixing bowl, add all ingredients except the raw eggs, melted butter and chicken broth. Toss to mix well.
- 4Add the raw eggs, 1/4 cup of the melted butter and chicken broth. Knead together until mixture holds together.
- 5Turn into greased casserole dish and pat top to smooth.
- 6Poor remaining 1/4 cup melted butter over top.
- 7Cover and bake in preheated overn for 1 hour.
- 8Remove from oven, uncover and let sit for 10 minutes before serving. Do not overcook or dressing will dry out.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Cornbread Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.5
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 110.1 mg
- Sodium 1020.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic pepper seasoning